Happy New Year to everyone out there, wishing everybody the very best of luck for 2016.
I’m one of those people who use the start of another year to take stock of the year gone and make plans for the coming year. Some people don’t like setting goals but not me – I love it. Last year, I published Cape Town to Kruger: Backpacker Adventures in South Africa and Swaziland. I took a break during the summer but I’m ready now to get writing again.
As January approached, I made lists of what I planned to do for the year. I made lots and lots of these lists (one more resolution – less lists). For me, writing is something I do when the kids are tucked up in bed and the jobs done. My aims are modest but if if achieve everything listed below, I’ll be a very happy writer. My list of writing resolutions are:
- Publish another book about my travels around Australia
- Publish a how-to book to help people publish and sell their travel stories
- Write a list of articles on the process or writing and formatting a travel book
- Publish at least 30 blog posts or article on this site
- Create at least 5 videos for my YouTube channel
I’m sure these aren’t the most ambitious plans ever conceived by a writer but I think they should be achievable for a full-time Dad and part-time writer. If I add another two books, I’ll have a total of five available – half way to my target of ten books. Time will tell. I’ll keep you all updated with my progress for the course of the year.
Do you have any writing goals for the year ahead, I’d love to hear about them.